Importance of SSL certification not to be penalized by Google.
What is an SSL certificate?
An SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certification ensures our visitors that the website is authentic. In addition, they can trust that their personal data will be fully encrypted. Even at the time of transmission between the user and the web server. The SSL certificate allows the secure transmission of information through the Internet. No one can read such data. In order to implement a security certificate like this, our server must support this technology.
What advantages does an SSL certificate provide us?
- Greater protection for our customers and their data.
- Greater confidence on the part of our clients to give their personal data through our website.
- We avoid entering the SPAM lists.
- We avoid the penalty to our SEO by Google and the limitations of Google Shopping and, also, just by having the certificate we improve our positioning.
- Improve the performance of our website.
- We reduce the actions of possible fraudulent clients.
Google started penalizing pages in 2017 if they didn’t have this certificate. Specially if they are dedicated to data collection by any means. Surveys, forms or payment gateways, are some of the most common ways to collect information from users. In case of not having this type of security certificates, our website will be seriously affected. The main penalty from Google against those websites that do not implement these certificates will be to penalize their SEO positioning. In addition, for those sites that have an ecommerce and do not have an SSL certificate, not only will affect its positioning, but Google will also limit Google Shopping campaigns. This means that only electronic stores that have an SSL certificate will be eligible for these campaigns.
Source: Revista PyMES